Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And 40 minutes of practice time later...

I ended up practicing for an additional 40 minutes tonight! I ended up making some recordings of some of the songs I am working on. They are works in progress, so you'll be able to hear how I progress as the year goes on. I recorded three pieces. First is Clair de Lune, which has a lot of mistakes in it, but considering I haven't perfected it and I get a little microphone shy, it's not so bad.

Second is The Nocturne. You'll notice a huge jump from the beginning to the key change, and that is because I can't play the whole thing through yet. Still many mistakes, but I have until October so I think I'm safe.

Third is the prelude and fugue by Bach (WTC book 1, #21). Again, my fingers aren't as nimble as they used to be, also I was practically sight reading more than half of the fugue. I really need to work on my nimbleness! What I REALLY need is lessons! Oh, this blasted economy-- I would get the lessons if I could, but the construction industry is pretty terrible right now. Many home builders are getting in to hubby's field (asbestos abatement) and it's tough to get a good job right now, so things like lessons go by the wayside. I'm just hoping we can put L in violin lessons next year like we promised!

No comments: