Friday, March 20, 2009

The bummer of being sick

The biggest bummer of having been sick this month is the lack of motivation I'm experiencing now with my piano practice. While I am still practicing every day and have managed to do so even while ill, I am not practicing as much as I should be. I have had three days in a row where I haven't managed to get in my full 60 minutes. Today it was because R woke up 30 minutes into the practice session, and since it's past 11 o'clock, it's unwise to resume practicing because she will wake up again. Yesterday I think I was just tired. I'm not sure about the day before.

Now I'm working on memorizing the nocturne. I am halfway proficient at it, so the next logical step (to me) is to memorize it. I cannot play this piece at all from memory. But I will drill it into my memory one way or another, and I will memorize it. Soon. I want to just play it at church when I happen to be there with nothing to do (which actually happens a lot, since I volunteer with the youth organization and sometimes I am there a little early). Right now I only have 2 or 3 pieces that I can just pick up and play without music. I want a lot of pieces that I can do that with. And the work continues.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hope you're still playing even though you haven't posted in a while. I know how busy life is with littlies :~) You are setting a great example for them!